Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tiny Canary was a big success!






We had our very first craft show right here in Columbus this past weekend. Tiny Canary was just a perfect craft show for us.. right location, right people, and right size (40 vendors). Everything was a learning process, but Jeff and I had a great time meeting some amazing & creative people over the weekend. Big thanks to people who came to visit our booth.. it was so nice to meet each person who visited. 
Here is the detailed "behind the stage" scenes to prepare for the show...  
A few weeks earlier, I sketched out the booth ideas. My friend, Lovanna helped me making the curtains and the table clothes. 3 of my friends (thanks to Anna, Roz & Lovanna) came over to help me put all the cards/calendar together a couple nights before the show. I bought inexpensive crates & baskets from Flower Factory and spray painted in black. I also purchased inexpensive mini easels from WalMart, and spray painted in black. I bought a carousel card-rack online. I used my dessert plates to display all the labels. I bought a beautiful plant pot at Flower Factory for $2.50 and planted a succulent.. and used it as a display. I designed a sign and printed at Capitol Citicom. I signed up at ProPay and accepted credit cards (big success). 
We are still learning as we do this, but we are also looking forward to our next show! We had such a great time, and it was just an amazing turn out. Thank you so much to Tiny Canary!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your display is beautiful! I really love all of the little touches. I would shop there!